Why Unable to Access QuickBooks Company File
QuickBooks is considered to be the most useful software when it comes to accounting and management needs. The software provides ample features which can be to provide accelerated growth to your company. It is a common practice followed by all software to show errors to the user when the software syntax is not followed or the software is getting damaged. In some of the cases, Users access to files and functions get restricted to protect the data from further damage.
QuickBooks also restricts the User access to the company file in the following cases:
- Your QuickBooks company file is damaged because of corruption on the storage device that you use
- If you left any Report or Transaction open in the file
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks
- The file “QBW.tlg” cannot be accessed
- QuickBooks is encountering problems with file extensions and file names
It is realized that this problem can be solved by simply renaming the QuickBooks Company file in some cases.
When QuickBooks restricts your access to the Company file, it also gives an error code on your screen. The error codes can be one of the following:
- The -6000 series errors e.g. QuickBooks Error -6000,-3
- The HXXX series errors e.g. QuickBooks Error H101
- C series errors e.g. QuickBooks Error C422
Intuit recommends that you immediately dial the toll-free QuickBooks US Support number in case if you face any of these errors on your screen. An error is an indication of a problem that your QuickBooks is facing, if the error is not resolved quickly, it is possible that your QuickBooks might get permanently damaged. In that case, you might also lose your Data file which we are pretty sure you do not want to happen.
How To Get Access To The Company File?
We recommend following the given steps to resolve this problem swiftly and get access to the company file.
Solution 1: Opening File From QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks
- Navigate to QuickBooks File menu
- Click on Open or Restore Company file
- Choose the type of the file that you wish to open and click on the radio button on the screen to open it
- Go to the file location and open it
- If you are trying to open a .QBX, .QBB or .QBM file you will get a prompt on your screen to restore the destination
Solution 2: Restrict New Windows From Opening
- Open your QuickBooks and go to No company open window
- Press the key Alt on your keyboard and select open
If the file opens without any problem then follow these steps.
- Navigate to edit menu
- Go to preference > Desktop View and select don’t save on desktop
- Select Ok
Other solutions that are recommended by Intuit are:
- Changing the location of the file
- Repairing QuickBooks using the QuickBooks Repair Tool
- Rename QuickBooks Files .TLG and .ND
- Verify the properties
Technical Help Support For QB Company File Not Opening Problem
If you are stuck somewhere or need more details about the resolutions, you can opt to contact the QuickBooks Support Number. The call will be picked up by a QuickBooks Experts who will assist you over the phone. The Technical Department can also be contacted using the live chat option on our website. Call the toll-free number +1866-656-1012 to get resolutions for all the QuickBooks Errors and issues.