How to Share QuickBooks File Over Network
QuickBooks can be vouched by Bookkeepers and Accountants all over the world as the most reliable software for small and mid-sized businesses. It comes with a myriad of features and tools which are highly useful in nature. But what people wrongly assume is that QuickBooks will be a complicated software and hard to use. But is not true as QuickBooks has one of the most User-Friendly interface and anyone with basic knowledge of computer can use QuickBooks without any problem.
However, if you ever run into an error or need help in understanding some feature, you can get Tech Support Services by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
The other thing that you can do is manually go through our informative articles on our website techsupportphonenumber.us and get solutions for your query. In this article, we will be discussing how you can share your QuickBooks Company File over a network. You can share the Data file over the network so that other people can also access it and do their work. Your work can be distributed and easily managed by using the File over a network.
Requirements needed if you want to access QB File:
Here are some requirements that you need to fulfill if you want to access your QuickBooks Files over the network:
- Always share the exact folder where your QuickBooks Company file is stored.
- Set the systems on multi-user mode on which you plan to use the Company files.
- You will need access on the server and also on the host computer.
- All the systems which will be using the shared Company file should be on the same network.
- You will have to map server and host system on the same network drive to your individual computers.
- Generate Computer Username and Password for all the computers.
- You have to download and install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- Install QuickBooks Database Manager on the Host system to form a proper connection.
Steps To Allow QB Company File Sharing On Network
We are mentioning the steps that you have to follow to share your QuickBooks Company File on a network.
Note: We highly recommend that you Create a Backup of the Company File before you process to the next steps.
Step I: Installation of QuickBooks Database Manager on your remote system
- Download the tool from the official website.
- Open Installation Wizard on your screen.
- Close any and all the programs that are running in the background and are not required at the moment.
- Read the Software License Agreement and choose “I accept the Terms.”
- Go to QuickBooks File menu.
- Tap on Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Choose “Yes” option in Multi-user hosting setup required tab.
- Choose Custom or Network options.
- Choose the type of installation that you prefer.
- Select OK on your Multi-user setup information window.
- Enter the License Number and the Product Number of your QuickBooks.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process.
Note : If you already have QuickBooks Database Manager and want to update it then click on Update QuickBooks Database Manager.
Step II: Browse and open QuickBooks Company File
- Open QuickBooks on your screen and then Go to File Menu.
- Choose Open or Restore Company option.
- Navigate to the location of your QuickBooks Company File.
- If you are facing any trouble then open folder the where your Company file is stored.
- Verify that the file has .qbw extension in the file name.
- You can now choose QuickBooks Company File from the list and tap on Open option.
- You will get a message on your screen which will ask you to enter username and password.
Resolving Company File Sharing QuickBooks Error, Issues, Problem
If you have any question related to QuickBooks or you are still encountering some error then you should try to contact techsupportphonenumber.us. We provide QuickBooks Tech Support Number to millions of QuickBooks users from all over the world. We have a team of QuickBooks Experts who are certified by Intuit to work on QuickBooks. The Experts are available 24×7 and 365 days to help you. To get in touch with them, all you to do is just dial QuickBooks Customer Support Number +1866-656-1012. You can also visit our website and choose to get Chat Support Services from there.