Go through this article to learn how to resolve QuickBooks won’t update issue. We will be covering all the basic troubleshooting steps for resolving the QuickBooks Update errors. In case, you want an instant fix for the QuickBooks won’t update issue, call the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 and ask for QuickBooks Support from the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
How To Fix QuickBooks Won’t Update Issue?
Solution 1: Check The System Date & Time On The Computer
Make sure that the system date or time on your desktop is correct as incorrect date or time can hamper the update procedure.
You can check the System date by following these steps:
- Firstly, go to the bottom-right corner of your screen and click on the system clock.
- Now, choose Adjust Date/Time.
- Click on Change date and time and set the current date and time.
- Click on OK button twice.
- Close your QuickBooks desktop and then reopen it.
- Finally, start the update process of the QB desktop once again.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection Settings
It is also possible that you are facing this update issue because of your internet connection. You should check the strength of your internet connection by opening the Chase banking website. If this website does not open on your browser, contact your Internet service provider for support.
If the chase website is opening, open your QuickBooks desktop and implement these steps:
- Go to the help menu and click on Internet Connection Setup.
- Choose to Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.
- Click on Next button.
- Choose Advanced Connection Settings.
- Head to the Advanced tab again and choose Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click on OK button.
- Choose Done.
- Now, try to update your QB desktop again.
Remember These Points:
- Do not use download accelerators as they can restrict the download procedure. Make sure that you are disabling the download accelerators before you try to download the updates. You can get more information from your ISP.
- Make sure that your dial-up connection speed is more than 28.8 kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- If in case, you utilize the America On line (AOL), firstly, log in with the master login name in the AOL.
- Verify that the Parental Control settings are disabled.
Internet Security Or Personal Firewall Application Settings
It is a well-known fact that Internet security or firewall settings can hamper the update download process. Make sure that you have properly configured the Internet security and firewall settings. It is very important that you enable the Ports 80 and 443.
Provide Access For The Following Files:
In the case, all of these ports are already in use by different processes, QB will start using the port 56719.
Multiple Instances Of QuickBooks Desktop On The Same Computer
You can also encounter the Update error like QuickBooks won’t update if you have more than one installation of QB desktop of the same version year on a single computer.
We hope that you were able to understand why you are facing this issue and how you can resolve it. All the steps can be trusted as they come from a reliable source. You can contact us on our toll-free 24×7 live QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get instant resolutions.
The other alternative to this is to use the QuickBooks Live Chat support service. We have recently started to offer Chat support services for all QuickBooks versions including QB Pro, Premier, Enterprise & Online.
Submit your review