Printing from QuickBooks is a vital task for running and managing the business. It is undoubtedly one of the most used features of QuickBooks. But it is also the feature which usually causes issues for the QB Users. In this article, we will show you how can resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Print problem. However, before you can move on to the solutions you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks and your printer is properly connected with your computer system. Get on a call with us via the USA QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get instant resolutions.
Note: Take a backup of the data before implementing the steps.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Won’t Print Problem?
Step 1: Check If Your Printer Is Working
We will be trying to print a random notepad file to check if your printer is working properly.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue box on your computer screen.
- Now, type notepad in the text field and press enter.
- A notepad file will open on your screen.
- Type some random words or statements.
- Press Ctrl + S to save the file and choose to save it on your desktop for easy access.
- Now, choose the same printer for printing the file.
Step 2: If The Printer Did Not Work, Follow These Steps. Otherwise, Go To 3rd Step.
- Restart your computer system as well as your Printer.
- Now, check if the printing paper is properly loaded in the tray.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu and head to the Control Panel section.
- Look for Printers and Faxes and double-click on it to open it.
- In case, the printer is shown offline, right-click on the printer and choose Use Printer Online.
- If you can see print jobs in queue for your printer, double-click on the printer.
- Click on Printer and cancel all the documents from the queue one by one.
- Now, close the Printer tab.
- Go to the Printer again and right-click on it to open the drop-down menu.
- Choose Properties from the drop-down menu and select the Print Test Page option.
Note: If your Printer is set up on a network, network problems can be causing this issue.
Printer still not working? Follow these steps:
- Verify that you have installed the latest drivers for your printer and that the drivers are working. You can open the manufacturer’s website for downloading the latest drivers. Install the drivers once they are downloaded on your system.
- Check the Printer closely to see if any warning lights are visible. Almost all printers today come with such warning lights to indicate any issues.
- You can head back to the manufacturer’s website to read more about printer like warning lights, what to do if the printer is not printing a test page etc.
Step 3: Use The Repair Tool
If you were successful in printing the notepad file from your computer, get the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool. This tool is available on the official Intuit website and it free from any charge. QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool is capable of resolving all the common printing issues within minutes. Run the tool and try to print from your printer again.
Rename The File
For some QuickBooks users, even the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool would not work. In that case, you can try to manually rename the QBPrint.QBP file.
- Search for the QBPrint.QBP file on your computer.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista Users can find the at the address: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (20xx signifies the version of your QuickBooks.)
- Server 2008 and Server 2012 Users can find the QBPrint.QBP at the address: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings.
Note: Enable the Display hidden files and folders or search for files using Windows feature before searching for the QBPrint.QBP file.
- Right-click on the QBprint.qbp file and choose Rename from the menu.
- Type in the word old at the end of the file name (i.e. QBPrint.qbp.old)
- Now, open your QB Desktop software.
- Go to the File menu, and click on Printer Setup.
- From the Form Name list, choose any transaction and click on OK. It shall create a new QBprint.qbp file.
Note: It is not required to repeat this step for every transaction.
- Open any transaction and attempt to print it.
Step 4: If None Of The Above Works Verify The Printer Is The Correct One
If none of the steps were able to fix the printing issue for you, make sure that you are using the right printer.
- Open your QuickBooks and click on File.
- Now, open Printer Setup.
- Click on the form which you are looking to print.
- Now, make sure that the printer name is of the printer that you are trying to print from. If not, you must set up the printer first.
- Go to the help section to get step-by-step instructions for the settings.
- Attempt to print the file or the transactions from another printer by going into the Printer Setup.
- Open your QuickBooks and go to File > Printer Setup.
- Select the form which you are looking forward to printing.
- Select a different printer this time.
- You can visit the Help section to get step-by-step instructions.
- Attempt to print another form. For example, if you were trying to print customized forms or memorized reports, try to print standard form or report this time.
- In case, you were attempting to print a batch of forms from your QuickBooks, try to print a single form this time. If you are able to print the single form, you can print in small batches instead of a single large batch.
- Open your QuickBooks and open a different company file from the one which you were trying to print from earlier. Now, attempt to print the same form or report from this company file. If you are able to print the file or the form, it indicates that your other company file has damage. In such a situation, you must first resolve the data damages.
- Run your computer in the selective startup mode. If you still encounter the same issue, do a reinstall QuickBooks for windows using a clean install.
Step 5: Still not printing? Try These Additional Solutions
Is The Printer Local Or On A Network?
In most cases, the problem lies within the network or the printer itself. Make sure that connection between the computer and the printer. You can visit your printer manufacturer’s troubleshooting for more info.
Ensure that your network settings are setup correctly.
Do You Have Any Other Drivers Installed?
- Utilize one of the other drivers to try to print.
- In case, you are unsure how to use the other driver, get in touch with your IT person or visit the printer’s manufacturer website.
How To Contact QuickBooks Tech Support Team?
In case, you have tried all the above-given steps and you are still unable to print, get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112. Our QuickBooks Experts are proficient and efficient in resolving all QuickBooks issues.
We can also be contacted via the Intuit QuickBooks Chat Support Services. The support line number and QuickBooks Chat Support services are available round the clock and available to QuickBooks users all over the world.
Submit your review