QuickBooks multi-user mode allows multiple users to work on the same company file simultaneously. If your QuickBooks won’t open in multi-user mode, it can become a serious concern as only one user will be able to use the QuickBooks desktop software. This issue happens when your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to run the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode. Read the whole article to learn more about multi-user mode of QuickBooks. Get instant help and support from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of 247supportphonenumber by dialing the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 from your cell phone.
Multi-User Mode Requirements
Your computer must have the following system specifications for running your QuickBooks in multi-user mode:
QuickBooks Multi-user License
You are offered with two options when you decide to go for multi-user mode in QuickBooks and they are:
- Purchase Multi-User License
- Add multiple users in existing license
You can decide whether you want to use a dedicated server computer or one of your office workstations as the Host. It can be a little complex for new users to set up QuickBooks for multi-user access. Network server errors and QuickBooks issue can also show up on your desktop. Contact us via the QuickBooks Error Support Number +1866-656-1012.
How To Properly Configure QuickBooks For Multi-User Access?
There are two ways in which you can configure your QuickBooks to open in multi-user mode. Here is how:
- Open your QuickBooks and click on the File
- Choose Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file.
- Click on Next
- Go to Open A Company
- Verify the Open file in multi-user mode box which you can find at the bottom.
You can repeat the same steps on all the computers.
You can also choose to edit the QBWUSER.INI file for changing the MULTIUSERMODE value. We recommend that you let a QuickBooks Expert handle this as it is a complex solution.
- Search for the AppData folder. You can find it in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Intuit\(Your QuickBooks Desktop version).
- Look for the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it.
- Open the file using Notepad.
- Open the Search function by pressing Ctrl + F on your keyboard.
- Now, search the term MULTIUSERMODE.
- Modify the value to Y (MULTIUSERMODE=Y).
- Save the changes and close the file.
In some cases, the changes will not be saved and the system will change the values to the original value. Follow these steps to prevent it:
- Go to the QBWUSER.INI file and right-click on it.
- Go to Properties > General and mark the read only box.
- Select the Apply
- Click on Save.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support Services
Do not hesitate to reach out to us if there’s anything else you need help with in your QuickBooks. We are working every day so that you never get stuck while using your QuickBooks. It is our sole responsibility to make sure that everything is working fine on your QuickBooks and you are happy with the experience. You can call on the QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 whenever you need any help with QuickBooks or any of its features.
We Also Fix : QuickBooks Error 9999
Submit your review