QuickBooks can be integrated with various third-party tools and applications to make your accounting experience smooth and easy. But there will be instances when you will run into QuickBooks Errors and issues on your desktop. One of those errors is QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error which can be categorized as a QuickBooks Technical Error. This error is usually triggered when you are opening the QWC file. You can contact the QuickBooks Experts by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number to resolve this error or follow this article to the very end to resolve this error manually.
The Error message on your screen will be:
“Microsoft .NET Framework: Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application…”
Causes of the QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error
- The QuickBooks Event handler is not able to catch errors on your desktop and is prompting to run your desktop in debugging mode.
- Your QuickBooks is not fully integrated with Microsoft Applications.
- You do not have Java components on your desktop or some of the Java components are missing.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error
If you do not have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 component installed on your computer or if it is damaged, then you must reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or repair it.
To install or repair Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 follow these steps:
- Close all the applications that are running in the background.
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard to open the Windows Start menu and choose Run.
- Type control in the Open field and hit enter.
- The Control Panel window will open on your screen.
- Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Search the list of currently installed programs for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5:
- If Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5isnot listed, install it
- If Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 appears in the list, repair it:
- Choose Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, and then select Change/Remove.
- Choose Repair, and then select Next.
- A prompt will appear on your screen asking for your permission to restart the computer. Click on Ok.
If the error persists even after installing or repairing, it is possible that there might be more Microsoft .NET Framework components that are damaged. Uninstalling and then reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework using the steps in Repairing or reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework may resolve the issue. Click here to read more.
These are all the solutions that we recommend to all the QuickBooks Users who are facing the QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error. If none of the solutions seem to work for you then you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number 1866-656-1012 and talk to the QuickBooks Experts. Our QuickBooks Experts will help you out in resolving the Error. You can choose to contact the QuickBooks Experts from the Live Chat Support button on our website.