QuickBooks Point of Sale is a one-stop location for all your Accounting and Inventory management needs if you are a small to medium-sized organization. It is an outstanding software that is capable of accelerating the growth of your business be it a startup or already flourishing business. But there are cases where you may encounter QuickBooks Errors on your screen that can affect your workflow. One such error which you can encounter while using QuickBooks Point of Sale is the Error 1330. In such a situation, you can either call on the toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number or search the error code on our website and manually resolve the error by following the steps mentioned in the respective article.
The error message on your screen will be:
“Error 1330 Invalid Digital signature: You are faced with QuickBooks POS error 1330, request you to connect with support, to get your issue sorted.”
Causes of The QuickBooks POS Error 1330
This error usually pops-up on your screen while a User is trying to download the latest patch released for their QuickBooks version. Some other common reasons are:
- Digital Signatures required for authenticating downloads are expired or damaged.
- Damaged detected in the QuickBooks registry files
- Corrupted QuickBooks files
How To Resolve QuickBooks POS Error 1330?
Note: Always create a backup of the QuickBooks Company file before you make any manual changes to the default settings of QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks ProAdvisors at techsupportphonenumber.us recommends that you follow these solutions for resolving the error 1330.
- Reboot your computer and log in as the system administrator.
- Verify if your QuickBooks is updated or not. If updates are available, download them.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Alt and R key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Choose Processes.
- Search for all the process that ends with “.exe”.
- End all those processes.
- Close QBPOS Database Manager XX where XX is the version of QuickBooks that you are using.
- Search for services.msc.
- End the process.
- Clean all the data which is related to updates folder for your QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Go to Windows Explorer dialogue box.
- Now, choose “show hidden files and folders” option.
- Search for this location “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX\Update”
- Choose the delete option for the file in the prompt window that is displaying on your screen.
- Clear all the data and files.
- Exit the window and then restart your computer.
- If the error is still on your screen, then uninstall QuickBooks POS.
- Save all the documents that are open on your screen and then close all the programs that are running in the background.
- Press the Windows button on your screen.
- Choose to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type Control Panel in the search box and then hit enter to open up Control Panel on your screen.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs option.
- Search for QuickBooks POS in the program list and then right click on it.
- Click on Uninstall button and then follow the instructions on your screen to uninstall QuickBooks POS from your system.
- Go to the location where QuickBooks was saved and renamed the folder.
- Press the Windows button and choose to open the Run command dialog box.
- Type UAC in the search space and then hit enter.
- Go to User Accounts.
- Go to the User Tab.
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser and then erase all the data.
- Restart the computer.
Support For QuickBooks POS
In case, the error is not fixed by following the above two solutions then you can get help from the QuickBooks Experts by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012. The QuickBooks Experts are all highly skilled individuals who are certified from Intuit to work on QuickBooks and have years of experience.
If you need more information, you can search for our services on our website: techsupportphonenumber.us. You can also chat with us by using the Live Chat Support button on our website.