No Response When Click Open/Close Button in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is the Accounting and Financial Management software which is tailored for small and medium-sized organizations. You can highly increase the overall efficiency and precision of your work by using QuickBooks. It is possible that you will sometimes face a situation where QuickBooks will not open or close and stop responding to your commands. Shutting down and restarting the computer would not help in such a scenario.
Steps To Fix The Issue: QuickBooks Not Responding/Opening
- Shut down your computer and restart it.
- Open your QuickBooks version.
- If QuickBooks is still not opening then move on to the next step.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu.
- Click on All programs.
- Search for QuickBooks and select it.
- While holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard, right click on QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks is still not responding or opening, it implies that your QuickBooks is encountering an error on startup. There are several reasons why you might be facing these errors.
Causes of QuickBooks Not Responding
- Corruption in Data storage device
- QBWUSER.INI is damaged or missing
- Your Windows Operating System has been damaged
How To Resolve QuickBooks Not Responding or Opening?
If your QuickBooks is still not responding to your commands or if it not opening, then we recommend that you go through the steps mentioned below.
- Verify that you meet the minimum system requirements for using QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Restart your desktop in safe mode and disable your Antivirus or Firewall temporarily.
- Open your QuickBooks.
- If your QuickBooks is now open on your screen, go to the drop down menu and open the sample file.
- If the sample file is not opening then move on to the next step.
- Reinstall your QuickBooks and download the latest version available.
- Do a Clean Install or Uninstall of the latest QuickBooks version. You can read more about this step by clicking here.
- Move QuickBooks Company file to another location on your storage device.
- Create a new admin on your desktop and try to open QuickBooks from the newly created account.
- Download the QuickBooks repair tool.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks repair tool icon on your desktop to run it.
- Follow the instructions on your screen displayed by the QuickBooks repair tool.
- Wait for the process to get complete and then restart your computer.
- You can now use your QuickBooks again.
We sincerely hope that the steps that we have mentioned above have resolved the problem of QuickBooks not responding or QuickBooks not opening/closing on your desktop. However, if things are still the same and you cannot get QuickBooks to respond to your commands then immediately contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors. You can reach the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112.
The other alternative is to use the Live Chat Support box on our website. You will be able to chat with QuickBooks Technical Support Department by using the Live Chat Support box.