How To Resolve Login Issues With QuickBooks?
Intuit designed and engineered QuickBooks for small and medium-sized Organizations who wanted to automate their accounting and management related work to increase speed and efficiency. You do not need to hire a big accounting and management team as QuickBooks is more than capable of handling all the tasks such Payroll, Tax Filing, Tax Calculation, Sending Invoices, Making Reports and much more. The advanced features and easy to use User Interface make it the most powerful accounting software out there.
You do not have to worry about the repetitive and tedious tasks that not only waste your time but also your resources.
With all these features and tools, you are bound to face an error every now and then on your screen. While most of the errors are easy to resolve, there are a few which are more complex and need to be dealt by the QuickBooks Experts only.
Like the error which you might face while logging in into your account. The error message on your screen will be “Error: The attempt to log in with the username “xxx” failed when opening a company data file.”
You would not be able to use your QuickBooks until and unless this error is resolved. That is why we have created this step-by-step guide to resolve this error in no time. If you do not have the time to go through all the steps manually or if you are not tech savvy, you can simply contact the QuickBooks Customer Support Team and describe the situation to them on the call.
How To Fix Or Resolve QuickBooks Login Issues?
Before resolving this error, let us understand why this error is showing up on your screen in the first place. It could be coming on your screen because of one of these:
- There is another active User and he has the access to the software. He might have forgotten to Log out which caused this problem.
- The login credentials which you are using are already being used by a different User.
- You are facing a Network issue.
Now that we understand the reasons which can trigger this error to pop-up on your screen, let’s resolve this error. Follow the instructions given below:
- Exit your QuickBooks and close all other sessions.
- Open Task Manager by pressing the keys Ctrl, Alt and Delete simultaneously.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Look for all the process with suffix “qb” and right click on them to end the process.
- Reboot your computer.
- Retry to access your QuickBooks. If you are still not able to access the company file then restart the server on which you have the company file on.
- Login into your QuickBooks from a different workstation.
- Try using a different Username and Password.
- Restore your QuickBooks to the previous session by using the backup created.
If even after following each of the steps the error does not seem to go away, then you should dial the QuickBooks Customer Service Number by dialing the toll-free number +1888-529-1015. If you do not have the time to make a call, you can use the Live Chat option on our website to get in touch with the Experts. Our Experts are proficient and have years of experience to back their knowledge.