QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor was previously known as Connection Diagnostic Tool. It is really popular tool for resolving common Networking and Company file corruption errors which can arise in QuickBooks Desktop version. If you are having any problems with your QuickBooks Company file you should immediately contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number. If you have knowledge of troubleshooting errors and issue, you can try to get rid of the issues manually by following this guide.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Can Help You If:
- You are facing the QuickBooks Errors -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130 etc while opening the company file.
- If you are missing a list for your customers, vendors, or employees.
- You are able to open sample company files but when you try to open your QuickBooks Company File, it won’t open.
How To Use The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- If you are using the QuickBooks 2016 version and later, you will be prompted to use the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor.
- QuickBooks File Doctor only supports Windows. It cannot work with QuickBooks for Mac.
This is how you use the QuickBooks File Doctor:
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor on your computer.
Important: There will be a green icon on your desktop if you already have the QuickBooks File Doctor installed on your computer.
- Double-click on exeonce the file is downloaded and then follow the instructions on your screen for installing the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Note: If you use Windows 10 and have trouble installing File Doctor enable Microsoft .Net 3.5.
- Usually QuickBooks File Doctor will run automatically once it is installed. If it not opening, click on the green wrench icon in your Windows task bar.
- Make use of the drop down list to find your company file. If you do not see your company files in the list, select browse and manually locate it to continue.
- Select one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity:If you feel your company file is damaged, or you see a 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) when you try to open your company file (data file problems).
- Network connectivity only:If you are utilizing QuickBooks in a multi-user setup and get an H202 (or H303/H505) error when you try to open your company file (network errors) in Multi-User mode.
- Enter the Admin credentials when you get the prompt on your screen for your company file.
- You will then have to choose Host/Serveror Workstation.
Note: It is vital to make sure you pick the right option!
- If you use File Doctor on a workstation and it is not hosted on the server then pick Workstation.
- If you use File Doctor on a Server computer then pick Server. If you are the only user and use your QuickBooks on a single computer then pick Server too.
- If you get a prompt on your screen for sharing the company file, choose on of the below given options:
- Yes:If you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer.
- No:If you are running File Doctor on a computer on a workstation that is not hosting your company file.
- Wait for the diagnose to get complete..
After QuickBooks File Doctor completes repair and diagnosis:
- After the tool finishes diagnosis, close File Doctor.
- Reopen your QuickBooks.
You can opt to dial the QuickBooks Support Number 1888-529-1015 if you are facing any issue while using the QuickBooks File Doctor. Our QuickBooks ProAdvisors will be glad to help you out.
You can also request a call from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by leaving the direct line number to reach you and your name in the Live Chat Box on our website.