QuickBooks is easy to use Accounting and Financial Planning/Management Software which is designed to work for small and medium-sized businesses. It has been dominating the accounting industry for a couple of years now. One of the core reasons for the popularity of QuickBooks is its Support Services which are available 24×7 via the QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
It is possible that a QuickBooks User will run into an Error or Issue with QuickBooks. In that case, he or she can choose to get in touch with the QuickBooks Specialists or search the Error code on our website and follow the steps given in the article to resolve the error.
In this article, we will be discussing the QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005 and how to fix it swiftly.
The Error message on your screen will be:
“Error -6138, -1005: An error occurred when trying to access the data file.”
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005
- If you have recently updated your QuickBooks, your data file would not work with it unless it is also updated.
- The hosting for the file is missing (for multi-user mode only)
How To Fix QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005?
Follow these steps to resolve this error swiftly.
- Open the latest version of QuickBooks on which you are trying to open the company file.
- Navigate to File > Open or Restore Company > Open Company File > Browse for file and open it.
- Restart your desktop and try to access the file again. If the file is used on a server then restart the server.
- Rescan Database server manager. Go to the main computer where the file is hosted.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Navigate to Start > All Programmes > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database manager.
- Choose the File and click on Start Scan.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now open the company file again.
These are all the steps that we recommend to all the QuickBooks Users who have the QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005 on their screens. We hope the error has been resolved but if that is not the case or if you are facing any difficulty while following the steps, you can make a call on the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112 and ask for assistance from the QuickBooks Experts.