What is QuickBooks Error -6120, 0
Employed by small and mid-sized businesses, QuickBooks software is considered the best Accounting and Financial Management software for managing the accounting part of the business. You can use QuickBooks to swiftly complete your daily work with better accuracy and ease. You can automate the tasks that are repetitive in nature and demand time and efforts. You can automate tasks like Payroll, Sending Emails and Invoices, printing forms etc.
However, QuickBooks is also software and just like any other software it also runs into errors and issues. In this article, we will be talking about the QuickBooks Error -6120, 0 which is a part of the QuickBooks 6000 series error. You would not be able to use your QuickBooks as the company file will not open.
If you are facing this issue then we recommend that you get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
This error is common in the older versions of QuickBooks but it has been fixed in the latest version of QuickBooks.
What Are The Causes Of The QuickBooks Error -6120, 0?
- You will run into this error if you are facing any network or firewall port issues. You need to configure your firewall so that it does not interfere with QuickBooks. QB needs several ports to function properly and they have to be configured manually if you need access file data over network. This problem can be due to some network or firewall ports issues. There are several ports which we need to add while accessing data file over network. You can run one tool which is developed by Intuit and knows as “QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- You will run into issues of your Client has turned on hosting in QuickBooks accidentally or intentionally. You have to ensure hosting is off on client PC’s.
- Search for one specific port which is “TCP Port 8019” and check if it is blocked.
Fix Resolve QuickBooks Error -6120 Online
We highly recommend that you always take a backup of the Company file before you make any changes to your QuickBooks. Now, we will be showing you how you can fix this error. There are few options present to fix this issue swiftly. The first option is to go to the website and download a tool called QuickBooks File Doctor. Once it has been successfully downloaded, install and run this tool.
Few more steps you can try:-
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release Navigate to Help > Update QuickBooks > Update now > tap on reset updates > Get updates. Wait for the process to get completed and then reopen your QuickBooks. If a message appears on your screen asking to install now or install later, tap on Install Now and wait for the installation process to get completed.
- If you are a tech-savvy person or are accustomed to firewalls then you can choose to configure Firewall or system security for QuickBooks. You will have to manually add firewall ports depending on the version of QuickBooks you are using. If you are not comfortable with this step then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
- You need to ensure that the folder in which you have stored the QuickBooks Company files has been set to provide full access to all the Users. Also, Add the QuickBooks Database Service Manager under security and set the permissions so that other Users can also access it.
- Scan your QuickBooks Company Data file in the QB Database Server Manager. If the file is in a healthy state and functional, you will get a message on your screen saying “File Added Successfully.”
- If you do not have the QB DBSM installed on your workstation then install it first. You can check that by going into control panel and then clicking on Programs. For installing it, first, uninstall QuickBooks and reinstall it by choosing an option “I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer and I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared on the network.”
- Make sure that Hosting is turned on only on the server PC. Go to all the computers that use your QB file and then click on file > Utilities and it should say Host multi-user access instead of stop hosting multi-user access.
How To Get Support Services For QuickBooks?
If you run into any error like the HXXX series error or issues while printing forms or invoices, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and connected with our Technical Support Department for QuickBooks. Our team comprises some of the best QuickBooks ProAdvisors in the USA and they have been Support Services for QB for a decade now. They are highly experienced and certified by Intuit, so you can rest assured that your QuickBooks will be fixed in the minimum time possible.
If you are new to QuickBooks then we recommend that you get training on how to use QuickBooks to its absolute best.
You can also visit our website techsupportphonenumber.us and search the topic to get detailed guides on the topic.