What is QuickBooks Error -6010, -100?
If you are looking for an Accounting and Financial Management software then you should be looking at the QuickBooks 2019 versions. QuickBooks has been in the industry for decades now and it has been successfully topped the charts for the same. It is because of the User-friendly Interface and powerful tools and features which accelerate the growth of your business in an efficient manner.
What people do not understand is that QuickBooks is a piece of code and if the syntax of the software is not followed then you will run into an error. In this article, we will be discussing the QuickBooks Error -6010, -100 in detail.
You are encouraged to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 whenever you run into a problem with QuickBooks.
The core reason behind this error to pop-up on your screen is that a workstation which is not the server is hosting the company file. This error is a part of the -6000 series errors which we have covered in a previous article.
The error message associated with this error code is:
“Intuit defines Error Code 6010 as your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. You have to try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again. This indicates that either antivirus software with a firewall function is interfering with the operation of QuickBooks or you have run a registry cleaner that has modified your Windows registry.”
Causes of QuickBooks Error -6010, -100
We have mentioned the core reason for this error above but there are other possible reasons which can also trigger this error.
- The .ND (Network Device) file is not connected with the .QBW and .TLG files causing this error to show up on your screen.
- An Antivirus Software with Internet Monitor (IMON) enabled on the workstation that contains the QuickBooks data file can also cause this error.
- If you are using registry cleaning software like Fix-It Utilities then stop it temporarily or uninstall it completely from your system.
Note: There are other antiviruses and firewalls which can cause the same problem
How To Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 6010
The Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of techsupportphonenumber.us recommend that you follow the five solutions given below. Move on to the next solution if one does not work for you.There are several solutions recommended by Inuit for this error. Follow the below solutions for error rectification. If error 6010 is caused by antivirus software, the solution is to disable that software. If your registry has been modified by a registry cleaner, the solution is to perform a clean install of QuickBooks. Before uninstalling any program, be sure that you have adequate backups of both your program and your data for future use. Check more QuickBooks error here.
Solution 1: For a PC install of QuickBooks
- Select File > Utilities and then Stop Hosting for Multi-User Access.
- Close and then reopen QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks should now open without error. If you are still getting the error then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Rename the .nd file associated with the company data file
- Go to the folder in which the Company file is stored.
- Look for the files that have the same name as your Company file but with the extension .ND and .TLG.
Example: Josh-Acrylics.TLG, Josh-Acrylics.ND
- Right-click the .nd file and .tlg, tap on rename and type old at the end of the file name.
- Now, Reopen your QuickBooks and check if the error has been resolved. If the error still persists than move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Run NOD32 Antivirus Software with Internet Monitor (IMON)
- Locate the NOD32 application on the workstation where the QuickBooks data file is located.
- Disable IMON functionality.
- Reboot your computer.
- Open QuickBooks. If the error is still on the screen then move on to the next solution.
Solution 4: Run reboot.bat
If you have not installed the IMON software on your computer and the error is still on the screen then run the reboot.dat file. This file is capable of fixing the unrecoverable errors in a jiffy.
Solution 5: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
In a case, your QuickBooks Desktop is damaged beyond repair and when it cannot be fixed from a simple reinstall of the software, then you will have to completely uninstall QuickBooks from your computer, rename all the installation files that were left behind and then install QuickBooks again on your workstation. This procedure is known as Clean Install or Clean Uninstall.
Tech Support For QuickBooks, 24×7 Instant Fix For Errors
If all the above solutions fail to resolve the QB error -6010, -100 on your computer then you should get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012. You will be the hands of the most experienced and trustworthy QuickBooks ProAdvisors. They have been providing QuickBooks Tech Support Services to all the QuickBooks Users for over a decade now.
However, if you do not have the time to call at the moment or if you wish to get Chat Support Services then go to our website techsupportphonenumber.us and click on the Chat icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.