How To Quickly Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77?
QuickBooks is the go-to software for all accounting and financial management needs of small and mid-sized businesses. It is designed and marketed by Intuit. You can use QuickBooks to increase the overall efficiency of your organization and grow at an accelerated speed. But what most people do not talk about is the errors that you can into while using QuickBooks.
You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 if you need any help with QB.
In this article, we will be discussing in-depth the Quickbooks error -6000, -77. This error appears when you try to open a company file. It cannot be pinpointed to exactly what caused this error. Other errors which can appear while opening the company file are QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 and QuickBooks Error -6000, -83. They are all part of the notorious QuickBooks 6000 series errors.
The Error message on your screen will be:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).”
How To Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -77?
There are 5 solutions to fix this error. Start from the first solution and check if the error is resolved. If the error persists, then move on to the next solution. Repeat this cycle until the error is fixed.
Solution 1: Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor is a tool which comes integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. It is used to diagnose and resolve errors or issues in your company file. It is an easy to use tool and it can repair the company files in a few minutes.
Read more about this by clicking here: QuickBooks File Doctor.
Solution 2: Rename .ND and .TLG files
You need the .ND and .TLG files to work properly so that you can access the company file(s) in a network or in multi-user mode. If these files are damaged or corrupted, you will encounter errors on your screen. You can rename these files as these does not cause data loss as they are automatically created when you open the company file or scan the company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Go to the folder in which you have stored your company file.
Default Location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Look for the files with the same file name as your company file but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
Example: company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tlg
- Rename the .nd/.tlg file and by right-clicking on Rename. Add the word “.old” after the file extension and hit enter.
Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
Solution 3: Use UNC path instead of mapped drive
- While pressing and holding the Ctrl key, right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
- Hold down the Ctrl key till you have the No Company Open tab show on your screen.
- Go to the File menu, choose Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- Now, click on Network which is on the left pane.
- Go to the location of your company file.
Note: Reset the folder permissions if you are not able to see the company file.
- Choose the company file and tap on Open.
Solution 4: Configure firewall and security software
You will get errors on your screen if your firewall blocks Internet access which is required for particular QuickBooks programs or files. You can update your firewall to the latest release which can fix the error or you may have to manually configure your firewall software.
Solution 5: Recreate damaged folder
- Open your My Computer and create a new folder on your C: drive.
- Go to the folder where the company file is saved.
- Search for the .qbw file.
- Copy the .qbw file and choose Copy.
- Got to the new folder and Paste the file.
- Now, Set the Windows access permissions to share company files.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose to open the file from the new location.
Tech Support For QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise & Online
The certified QuickBooks Experts of techsupportphonenumber.us provide Tech Support Services for all QuickBooks Errors and Issues including the QuickBooks Error -6000, -77. We can help you if you are not able to use your QuickBooks or open the company file because you have an error on your screen.
Dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get prompt solutions for your QuickBooks. We provide Chat Support Services for QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Accountant.