QuickBooks Error -6000, -301: An Error Occurred When QuickBooks Tried To Access The Company File
QuickBooks is the most advanced and yet easy to use Accounting software which is designed by Intuit. With its rich tools and features and extremely easy to understand user interface QuickBooks quickly became the most downloaded Accounting and Management software. But QuickBooks is also prone to errors and issues which can be resolved by doing some basic troubleshooting. In this article, we will be showing you how to resolve the QuickBooks Error -6000, -301.
The error message on your screen will be:
“Warning: An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).”
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
- QuickBooks Transaction Log (TLG) file
- QuickBooks Network Descriptor (ND) file
- QuickBooks Data Source Name (DSN) file
- Your QuickBooks Company file is damaged
- You have installed encryption software on your desktop.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -301?
Follow the solutions given below in the order they are if one solution does not work for you.
Solution 1: Rename the QuickBooks support files
- Go to the folder that has your company files.
- Search for files with the identical name as your QuickBooks file but with extensions .tlg, .ndand/or .dsn.
- Rename the files by right-clicking on it.
- Add the word .OLD to each of them.
Note: Renaming these files would not affect your QuickBooks as they are automatically created by QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Run The QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks common networking and company file corruption errors and issues can be resolved by using the QuickBooks File Doctor. It was earlier known as QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and it designed by Intuit.
You can read this article for more information: QuickBooks File Doctor
Solution 3: Disable Encryption Software
We do not recommend QuickBooks Users to encrypt their QuickBooks company file using third-party encryption software. Disable the encryption software immediately.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks Desktop To The Latest Release
- Go to QuickBooks Help menu > Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Update QuickBooks window > Update Now
- Don’t make any changes to the table.
- Put a check mark in the box Reset Update box to erase all previous update downloads.
- Select Get Updates.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Install the new release.
These are all the solutions that we highly recommend to all our QuickBooks Users who are facing the QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 on their desktops. We believe the error should have been resolved if you are done with all the resolutions. However, if in your case the error is still on the screen, you can choose to get help from the QuickBooks Experts. You just have to dial the QuickBooks Support Phone number 1888-382-9112 and ask for assistance from the QuickBooks Experts.
If you do not have the time to be on a call, alternatively, you can choose to contact the Technical Department of QuickBooks by using the Live Chat option on our website or email the QuickBooks Technical Experts directly.