QuickBooks is the leading Accounting and Bookkeeping Solution that is designed and marketed by Intuit. They have designed several QuickBooks versions like the QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Accountant. One can choose a QuickBooks version that fulfills their needs and requirements. QuickBooks can also be accessed from anywhere in the world as it is a cloud-based software.
It is possible that sometimes while accessing your QuickBooks Company file you will encounter errors on your screen. In this article, we will be discussing all the -6000, XXXX errors and also their causes. Any time that you get an error on your screen, you can immediately dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number and get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors. We do not encourage manually troubleshooting the error unless you are well versed with the technical nuances of the software. Even a misplaced comma in the configuration settings can cause permanent damage to your QuickBooks or result in data loss. It is highly recommended that you get in touch with the QuickBooks Specialist whenever you face an error or need help with your QuickBooks.
The following are the different -6000 series errors you may encounter:
|-6176, 0||Firewall is blocking the connection between the two computers|
|-6000, -107||The .TLG file is corrupted|
|-6000, -1076||QuickBooks installation is corrupted|
|-6010, -100||A computer that is not the server is hosting the company file|
|-6012, -1061||Incorrect network setup|
|-6129, -101||Incorrect folder permission or if the QB Database Server Manager is not working properly|
|-6190, 816||Another user is logged in to the company file in single user mode.
It can also be a mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)
|-6000, -832||This error normally occurs when hosting is turned on or the .ND file is not working properly|
|-6144, -304||When you start QuickBooks or open your company file and sometimes this happens on a sample file|
|-6000, -305||Incorrect network setup or it could be that the company file is damaged|
|-6073, -816||Multiple computers are hosting the file or it could be firewall settings are blocking the connection or it could be the file is damaged|
|-6144,-103||The .ND file has an incorrect path to your company file or if the Windows user account used by QuickBooks Database Manager is damaged|
|-6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or the firewall port 8019 is blocked|
|-6087, 0||This error occurs when opening the file locally|
|-6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
Note: Make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop is up to date. We also recommend running the QuickBooks File Doctor before you do any manual troubleshooting. If you want to learn more about the QuickBooks File Doctor or how to use it click here: QuickBooks File Doctor
Any error from the QuickBooks -6000 XXXX series can occur both on local and network setup. Choose the fitting setup from the options given below and then perform the steps mentioned there.
Follow these steps if you are opening the Company file from a local storage device
This means you will open a file that is saved on the same computer where QuickBooks is installed.
Solution 1. Renaming the .ND and .TLG files
QuickBooks comes loaded with some configuration files which are essential for smooth processing of the software. In order to get access to a QuickBooks Company file in a network or multi-user environment, you need two configuration files which are .ND and .TLG. If any of the two files get corrupted or damaged, it will trigger the 6000 series error to pop-up on your screen and also you would not have the access to your Company file. These files are auto-generated what that means is that these files will be created automatically by your QuickBooks when you Rescan using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and open your company file.
- Search for the folder in which you have store your QuickBooks Company file.
- Cautiously, look for the files which have the identical name as your company file but also have the extensions .ND and .TLG.
e.g Triump_services.qbw.nd, Triump_services.tlg
3.Now, we want to rename both the files and include .OLD at the end of each file name. Just right-click on the file and choose Rename in the drop-down list to rename the file.
4.Double click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop to open it and then attempt to open your QuickBooks Company file. If you still not able to access your Company file and the error is still on your screen, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Open a Sample Company File
- Click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop to open it.
- Go to the No Company Open window.
- Click on Open a Sample File and then choose a random company file.
- If an error message pops-up on your screen and if it is that same error message then you have to repair your QuickBooks installation files.
- If the random sample file is opening, proceed to solution 3.
- We chose to open a Sample Company file to check if the problem is with your QuickBooks Company file or the software itself.
Solution 3: Copy the QuickBooks Company file on the Desktop
In this step, we will be copying the Company file and then pasting it on the desktop to verify if the problem is with the location of the company file or the company file itself. Once, the file is pasted on the desktop try to open it in QuickBooks. If the company file is opening now it will indicate that the problem lies with the location of the company file. If the company file still doesn’t open, that will imply that the Company file is corrupted or damaged.
- Go to the location where your company file is stored.
- Search for a file with extension .QBW.
- Right-click on the file and choose Copy from the drop-down menu to copy the file.
- Now, go to your desktop and paste the file their by pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
- Go to the No Company Open window in your QuickBooks.
- You can go to the No Company Open window straight by pressing and holding the Ctrl key while opening your QuickBooks.
- Click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Go to the file that we pasted on the desktop.
If the same error still pops-up on your screen, proceed to solution 4.
Solution 4: Restore a backup
Now, that we know that the problem is not with the location of the file as we have already tried it in the third solution. Now, we will verify if the problem is with your existing state of your Company file by restoring a backup copy of the company file. If you face an error while restoring the backup, follow these steps:
- Open the company file on your desktop if you are not hosting it.
- Go to File menu > Utilities.
- Choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Select “Yes” under Stop Hosting Multi-User Access window.
- Navigate to the location of the company file and copy the address of the file.
- Paste the address on a word file or notepad file and check if the address contains more than 200 characters.
- Move the file to a different location and try again to restore the company file.
- If the problem is still on your screen, proceed to solution 5.
Solution 5: Restore your backup by using ADR
The Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at techsupportphonenumber.us highly recommends recovering lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool if the company file gets corrupted or damaged. To get more information about this contact the QuickBooks Technical Support Department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number.
Follow these steps if you are opening the Company file over the Network
Follow the steps that we are mentioning here if you are using your QuickBooks Company file which is saved on a server or another computer.
Solution 1: Check if Hosting is turned on, on all workstation
Our QuickBooks ProAdvisors recommend having single PC/Server to host all the company files as it helps with the smooth processing of data.
- Open your QuickBooks.
- Press F2 on your keyboard to get the Product Information on your window.
- Search for Local Server Information.
- Verify and make sure that Hosting should is turned off.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files and restart/rescan the Database Server Manager
QuickBooks comes loaded with some configuration files which are essential for smooth processing of the software. In order to get access to a QuickBooks Company file in a network or multi-user environment, you need two configuration files which are .ND and .TLG. If any of the two files get corrupted or damaged, it will trigger the 6000 series error to pop-up on your screen and also you would not have the access to your Company file. These files are auto-generated what that means it that these files will be created automatically by your QuickBooks when you Rescan using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and open your company file.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Right-click each file, then select Rename. Add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
Database Server Manager is utilized to host your QuickBooks company files. We advise our Clients to restart the DBSM and rescan all the QuickBooks files after you rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and then rescan the company file.
- Go to Start > All Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Choose the Scan folders window.
- Click on Add folder if there no folders. If not, highlight the folder with the files, and then choose Scan.
- Make sure that the company file is shown in the bottom with the text “QuickBooks Company files found.”
- Attempt to open the file again.
- Open QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file. If the same issue is encountered, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Open a sample company file locally installed on a workstation
We are opening a Sample QuickBooks Company file to check whether the issue is with the Company file or the software itself. If even the QuickBooks Sample file is not opening and giving an error on the screen, that will indicate that your QuickBooks installation is damaged and needs to be repaired as soon as possible if you want to use it.
- Open your QuickBooks.
- Go to the No Company Open window.
- Choose Open a Sample File and then choose anyone from the list of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens that we chose is opening then move on to the solution 4. If you still get the same error message on your screen then choose to repair your QuickBooks installation.
Solution 4: Open the company file locally
By opening the file locally, you are testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens while it is saved on the desktop, it means the location is probably damaged or it is “too deep”, it exceeded the file system path limitation. If the file still did not open after changing its location, it is possible the file is damaged.
- Open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find the file with the extension of .QBW.
- Right-click the file, then select Copy.
- Go to desktop, right-click on the desktop, then select Paste.
- While holding down the control key, open QuickBooks so you are directed to the No Company Open window.
- Select Open or restore an existing company. Navigate to the desktop, find the company file you copied and open.
If you are still getting the same error, please proceed to solution 5.
Solution 5: Close all QuickBooks processes
- Restart your computer and Log in as the Administrator on the server computer.
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
- Click on the processes tab to view processes for all users by selecting the Users tab.
- Mark all QuickBooks processes (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then choose End Task.
- Now, Open the company file in multi-user mode.
If the error still pops up on your screen then move on to the next solution.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
It is possible that you might run into these errors if the folder where you have stored your QuickBooks Company file does not have the proper permission settings. Check your folder permissions to share company files. Try to open your file again and if you are still facing the same error, move on to the solution 7. Or get in touch with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number which is available 24×7 for Users anywhere in the world.
Solution 7: Configure firewall ports and Anti-Virus Software
It has been observed by our QuickBooks Experts that many Users are facing these errors because of the firewall and other security application. These applications restrict QuickBooks from running certain processes which are essential for it to run. It is important that configure your firewall ports to use your QuickBooks with any errors or issues.
These are all the solutions that are recommended by the Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of techsupportphonenumber.us. Our QuickBooks ProAdvisors are highly proficient and reliable individuals who have been working on QuickBooks for many years now.
You can get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts if you need any help with your QuickBooks or if you are facing trouble with any tool or feature. Just simply dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
You can also chat with the QuickBooks ProAdvisors using the Live Chat option on our website.