QuickBooks has garnered its reputation of being the most utilized accounting software and financial planner. QuickBooks provides the latest tools and features which the Users can use to grow their businesses. One of the reasons for which Users prefer QuickBooks over any other accounting software is that QuickBooks provides Customer Support Services 24×7 for all its Users.
Users might run into errors when they are using QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks Runtime Error 13. Our Experts at techsupportphonenumber.us will assist you in resolving this error.
We are providing an in-depth article which will contain a step-by-step guide to getting rid of the QuickBooks Runtime Error 13. Let us first understand what can trigger this error to show-up on your screen so that you avoid that in future.
What Causes QuickBooks Runtime Error 13?
It is pretty obvious from the name of the error that it has something to do with running the program. We can simply say that this error usually shows up on your screen when you are trying to run the program or use any feature. The main culprit behind the QB Error 13 is the mismatch errors.
- Problems with files in the registry folder
- Virus or corruption in the system
- QuickBooks Outdated
- Operating System is not compatible
How To Fix The QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 Type Mismatch?
Follow the steps given below to resolve the error:
- Clean the registry.
- Install an Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware and run a scan on your computer.
- Switch to a latest Windows Operating System.
- Update the program to solve the issue.
- Install QuickBooks using a clean install.
- Update your Windows.
Modify The Registry Key To Get Rid of The Error.
- Open your computer and run it in administrator mode.
- Open run window by pressing the Windows and R key simultaneously.
- Type Regedit in the space provided and hit enter.
- A window will open up on your screen which is the Registry editor.
- Go to this path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intuit\QuickBooks\Security.
- Click on Edit and then New.
- Choose the DWORD Value.
- A new registry key will be visible in the right side of the window.
- Change the name of the file to AllowOMWithUI and hit enter.
- Now, right-click on AllowOMWithUI and modify it.
- Edit the DWORD value and put “1” in the value data.
- Shut down registry window.
- Reboot your computer.
The error will be resolved if you have followed all the steps. However, if the error seems to persist then it might be possible that the problem is more severe. In that case, you should immediately dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number at +1866-656-1012 and explain the situation to the Experts. They will run a deep scan on your QuickBooks to find any underlying issues and then they will fix them.