Fix QuickBooks Error (-7 0)
Error (-7, 0) means that the file you’re trying to update is corrupted or damaged. To resolve this, we’ll have to run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor (previously known as the Connection Diagnostic Tool) is a tool to help get rid common networking and company file corruption errors for QuickBooks Desktop (applicable to Windows only). If you’re reading this article, it’s possibly because you are facing some trouble with opening your QuickBooks company file. We will help you in resolving the error and get back you in business in no time.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can help you with the errors:
- You are not able to open your company file and receive one of the following error messages on your screen: -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130.
- Missing or blank lists for your customers, vendors, or employees in your QuickBooks Data.
- You get an H101, H202, H303, or H505 error while using QuickBooks over a network or multi-user setup issues.
- Your file is highly damaged and will not open, but you can open sample company files (or other files)
Important: For QuickBooks 2016 and later, you may be prompted to run the internal (built-in) version of File Doctor. QuickBooks File Doctor can only work on Microsoft Windows operating systems. It would not run on Mac.
How To Use The QuickBooks File Doctor?
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor on your desktop.
Important: If you already have a version of File Doctor on your computer (you will see a green File Doctor icon on your desktop), you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor from this article to ensure you have the latest release. It is recommended to uninstall any previous versions of File Doctor before downloading and installing from this article.
- After the download completes, open qbfd.exe by double-clicking on it.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Note: If you use Windows 10 and have trouble installing File Doctor, take a look at our 5954 and follow the instructions to enable Microsoft .Net 3.5.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor will open automatically once it is installed. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows task bar.
- Use the drop down list to find your company file (this is based off your last 10 opened companies).
- If you do not see your company file in the list, select browse and manually locate it to continue.
- Select one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity: If you suspect your company file is damaged, or you see a 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) when you try to open your company file (data file problems).
- Network connectivity only: If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user setup and get an H202 (or H303/H505) error when you try to open your company file (network errors) in Multi-User mode.
- Enter the Admin password for your company file if you get a prompt on your screen asking for it, then choose Next.
- You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation. Note: It is important to make sure you choose the right choice!
- If you are running File Doctor on a workstation, then choose Workstation.
- If you are running File Doctor on a Server computer, then select Server. You should also pick Server if you are the only user and use QuickBooks on only one computer.
- Choose one of the following options, if prompted to share your company file
- Yes: If you are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (only choose this if you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer).
- No: If you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file (aka your Workstation).
- Wait for the File Doctor to complete the diagnose.
Note: If you are running the data damage + networking option, you will need to wait until the tool finishes. Depending on whether your file is local or on a network, and file size, it could take a while to finish diagnosing and repairing your data file. The network only mode shouldn’t take any longer than a minute or two.
After QuickBooks File Doctor Completes Repair and Diagnosis:
- After the tool finishes diagnosis, close File Doctor.
- Regardless of the results screen, try opening your QuickBooks file again to see if the issue is resolved.
The Fix QuickBooks Error (-7 0) should be resolved if you have followed the guide step by step. It is possible that you might trigger some other errors while using the QuickBooks Repair tool. That will indicate that the problem is more complex that you apprehended. In such a scenario, you should not waste any more time and dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1888-529-1015 and explain the situation to the QuickBooks Specialists. They will use their special tools and resolve the errors for you.