Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
Are you encountering any one of these errors on your screen?
“File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program”
“Internet connection error: unknown error”
“Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully”
Do not worry about it. We have created this very detailed guide following which you can easily get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15240. Just follow the solutions given below.
Causes of The QuickBooks Error 15240:
- Incorrect Internet Explorer security settings
- Interfering firewall settings
- System date and time settings are wrong.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240?
- Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
Look for the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and double click on it. Choose the Run as an Administrator option.
- Solution 2: Verifying the system date and time settings
- Click on the time display on the bottom right of your screen and select Change date and time settings.
- Set the correct date and time.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Solution 3: Adding Windows permissions to QuickBooks installation folders
- Exit your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to C:\Program Files\.
- If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows go to: C:\Program Files (x86)
- Right-click the Intuit folder and click on Properties.
- Click on the Security tab and then on Advanced button.
- Make sure that the owner of this folder is the User group. If you have anything other than the User group, you need to take ownership of the Intuit folder.
- Take Ownership of the folder.
- Attempt to download the updates again . If you are still facing the same problem on your screen, do the outlined steps above to the following Intuit folders:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
- Solution 4: Change Microsoft Internet Explorer settings
- In the Tools menu, click on Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down and select Use SSL2.0 and SSL3.0.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
- Solution 5: Verify your third-party firewall
- Consult the developer of your third-party firewall for steps on how to adjust the settings so that you can download and install updates.
- Verify the following files are given access to go through your firewall.
- exe (QuickBooks executable file)
- exe (QuickBooks update executable file)
- Verify that ports 80 and 443 are not disabled.
We hope that the QuickBooks Error 15240 that you were facing on your screen is resolved after following the solutions that we have given. These solutions have been recommended by the QuickBooks Technical Support Department. However, if the solutions did not work for you, don’t worry. Just dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1888-382-9112 and talk to the experts directly. They will solve the problem by creating a remote connection to your desktop.
The other option is to use the live chat option on our website.